Nelson Historical Society
Design, Frontend Engineering
Bringing history to the forefront
We brought a fresh perspective to Nelson's historical materials to appeal to a wider audience.
Transforming copywriting into a modern website
Working with Historians meant a concrete idea for the copywriting was already there, our job was to help lay it out onto a digital canvas to honestly and effectively convey their message.
Ancient colours of the past refurbished in a modern setting.
Honest straight lines with minimal transitions.
Transitions lead the eye down. We wanted to portray a professional feel where 'What you see is what you get'. This meant showing content as clearly as possible, and keeping copywriting to a minimum to allow visitors time to connect the dots for themselves.
- 1Banner images for immediate immersion
- 2Social proof
- 3Introduction to Nelson Historical Society
- 4Calendar events to promote the community
- 5Chronological timeline like this one to establish Nelson Historical Society's long standing commitment to their home.
- 6Nelson's Historical Society's field trips and ongoing projects.
- 7Society journals and publications
- 8Resources & Links that people may find useful to link back to.
- 9Teaching people how to become a member
- 10Upsell on active Facebook page
Leading to two forms of
Bringing curiosity off the page
Each image was accompanied by a icon. This felt like a Museum and let people learn while browsing through the website without removing them from the immersion.
This image is just a sample but it's really useful to have the image's context outlined in a popup to help uncover more information and build the relationship with the visitor.
Really easy to update.
No manuals or training sessions. The site is editable through a Google spreadsheet. Just add a new row and it's a new event. Change the text and the text on the website reflects it.
We find spreadsheets useful for frequently updated information. A separate CMS was bundled in for more permanent information such as the website's copywriting or images.
Our projects are always
Have a project in mind?Let's work together
Schedule your FREE website audit
On your free phone consultation, one of our experts will discuss the following:
There’ll be no commitment or obligation to use our services.
Schedule a free website audit